What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are used to replace missing teeth and offer function and esthetics nearly identical to the missing teeth.
Why are dental implants considered the preferred method of tooth replacement in dentistry?
Dental implants offer many benefits when compared to conventional dental treatments:
- The most natural and long-lasting replacement for missing teeth available
- Preservation of the jawbone to prevent bone deterioration and loss of esthetics and function, which occurs
- frequently with bridge, partials, and dentures
- Success rates, esthetics, and longevity far superior to other types of tooth replacement, including fixed bridge-work
- Resistant to decay
AFFORDABLE & TOOTH-SAVING
- No need to remove tooth structure from adjacent teeth, as for a bridge
- Avoid the increased likelihood of root canals, decay, tooth fracture, and periodontal disease on the teeth that must support bridges
- Allow traditional dentures to be fixed or “locked-in”, providing excellent support and retention without irksome clicks, wobbles, or messy pastes and glues
- A renewed sense of self-confidence from being able to chew, talk, laugh and smile without worry
What about the cost of implants?
Dental implants are an excellent, long-term value since they are the most natural replacement possible and have superior longevity. Our office wants to provide you with excellent implant treatment that is also affordable for you and utilize technologies to minimize the number of procedures necessary. You will be presented with a treatment plan and cost estimate as well as a variety of ways to make it affordable for you to pursue your recommended treatment.
What about the time it takes from start to finish?
As a periodontist, Dr. Choudhury is one of few the implant specialists in Houston that performs state-of-the-art dental implant procedures that decrease the treatment time required from start to finish. In many cases, it is now possible to place the dental implant at the time of tooth extraction. In addition, it is now possible to place a provisional crown earlier in the healing process.
Will my dental implant be esthetic?
Our top priority is to give Houston residents a beautiful and long-lasting result. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth! We assure that the site for the dental implant has adequate bone structure to support an esthetic implant. When possible, we will place the dental implant at the time of extraction to preserve tissue to support an ideal crown.